The church office has a list of JPs and C Decs from our congregation. Please contact the [church office](firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like contact details for these people.
What's SAGE? It might be a herb, but Carolyn and Esteban tell us that it's also something very different and much better.
David talks about our sermon series on Commitments, how we're coming together as one congregation and an important date coming up very soon.
The Ministry Team have been enjoying the opportunity to lead you in worship. We value your feedback and thank the many of you who have been generous in praise and genuine in what is not working. We have had to adjust to online worship in a very short period of time, so we are constantly seeking to improve our process. Thank you for your perseverance. From this weekend please note that you will not need to have access to the worship sheet. Every word that you will need to sing or say, and every part of the service will be on the video. We will still be producing the full worship sheet, particularly for those in our congregation who do not have access to the video. We are looking at making other changes.
Ever wondered what happens in a small group? Interested in being part of a small group? Listen to Phil Richardson (Mt Gravatt) as he describes his small group experience.
David also shares about our plans we're making to discover our future.
What's the Queensland Community Alliance? Esteban and Carolyn tell us. Interested in the religious history of our local area? Heather has a great opportunity coming up to learn. David shares information about a survey that's coming out soon.
Saturday 25 April is Anzac Day. Unfortunately, physically gathering for Anzac Day celebrations is not possible. If you wish to commemorate Anzac Day, please be part of the[“Light up the Dawn”](https://rslqld.org/Whats-On/ANZAC-Day?gclid=CjwKCAjwhOD0BRAQEiwAK7JHmBri2C8nLJB09aKGLl24K4tV-uO7bGXa-xbqF8ROl9FIa9_lyH57iRoCkhIQAvD_BwE) initiative. To assist in your commemoration, a short service of prayers and reflections has been prepared.
There are opportunities for you to serve in and beyond our congregation. I will regularly share this opportunities and ask you to volunteer as you are able, to show the love and participate in the ministry of our church.
- Assistance with things such as doing the shopping, delivering care hampers or walking the dog. This will be coordinated through the Queensland Community Alliance and is for people beyond our congregation. At this stage it is targeted at people living in the Mt Gravatt area. We are getting more information about a similar program in Yeronga. Please contact email@example.com
- Telephoning people who are in isolation. Again, this is coordinated through the Queensland Community Alliance. It simply involves people volunteering to make phone calls and have a chat with people from beyond our gathered congregation. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Providing assistance to less technically able people. As we all know, much of our life has moved online. There are people in and beyond our congregation who have some technical skills, but are struggling with some of the newer technologies they need to grapple with. We’re looking for more technically abled people to do online or over the phone coaching. This is would be things like assistance with accessing zoom or face time, or getting a Facebook account. Also, if you need assistance, please let us know. If any of our children (under 18 years of age) are interested in offering, we will put in place appropriate Safe Ministry with Children protocols. To offer to assist please contact email@example.com. If you’d appreciate some assistance, please contact your Community Minister.
- Webmaster. Our website is being constantly updated with news, devotions, worship services. We’re looking for someone to manage this process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social media coordinator. Similarly, we are wanting to maintain an engaging presence on Facebook and maybe expand to other social media platforms. Please contact email@example.com
- Worship post production. There are some people in our congregation who cannot access the internet for worship. They are provided with written material, and some have other means of access. We would like to be able to provide a recording of the service on either DVD or USB or who knows what else. We’re looking for someone to copy the service onto these mediums so that they can be distributed. Please contact Rachel.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteering with UnitingCare Queensland. Do you have experience in sewing garments and have a sewing machine or overlocker? UnitingCare is developing a program to make scrubs and gowns for frontline health workers using materials donated to Lifeline. We are still stitching up the details but if you would like to register your interest and provide your sewing experience, we’ll be sure to let you know more details when we’re ready to start. Register your interest by clicking [here](https://app.betterimpact.com/Application?OrganizationGuid=ca01f463-b1f4-451f-9e3f-59373682cdda&ApplicationFormNumber=2).
Our buildings are closed, but the church is open and we continue to pray for and support our neighbours.
As a sign of prayer, hope and solidarity with those suffering and sacrificing at this time, you are invited to tie a colourful ribbon or strip of cloth onto the fence of one of our church buildings.
When you do this, please do it as part of an essential reason for leaving your home and practice social distancing if there are others doing the same thing.